Moving is getting pretty thick, here, now. We move out in 2 1/2 weeks now, and the crazy…oh, the crazy. Had to drop the running, but I did love it and I am looking forward to starting up again during our few weeks hiatus with my awesome in-laws, before we head east!
Running isn’t the only casualty of crazy. My kids have started swirling mournfully through the kitchen at mealtimes, asking why I don’t make pancakes anymore. Poor things, they are right. I don’t. It’s cereal for breakfast these days, and now our landlord is trying to sell the house…which means we need to let the realtor show the house. With 8 kids. Packing to move out of state. Getting ready for a new job.
It’s a special flavor of crazy. It makes my brain hurt.
So we aren’t making waffles these days, but in case you’d like to, here is a recipe I’m mildly proud of. I don’t make up my own recipes much, I just like to tinker with other peoples’. This one is an exception, and it’s a favorite.
10 Grain Waffles
Light, crisp whole grain waffles
Credit – www.greencatholicburrow.com
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 c 10-grain hot cereal (dry)
- 1 heaping T baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 c milk
- 1/2 c oil
- Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl; mix the egg yolks, milk, and oil in another.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix till just combined.
- Beat the egg whites till stiff, then fold lightly into batter. Leave a few fluffs of egg white. It should look like the picture.
- Bake according to your waffle baker’s instructions. Serve it up with butter and real maple syrup. Unless you like that weird fake stuff, in which case, hooray for your budget. 😉
Linked up at:
And at the Homesteader Hop.
And at Thank Goodness it’s Monday.
And at Inspire Me Monday