(Incidentally, the picture is not of my pot roast. I take terrible food pics. But mine looks kinda like that.)
This makes enough for a crowd, especially if you serve it with egg noodles.
5 Minute Pot Roast
A tomatoey, fall-apart pot roast
Credit – www.greencatholicburrow.com
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 onion
- 1 12 oz can tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Trimmed vegetables (carrots, potatoes, radishes) as desired
- Roughly chop onion and place in the bottom of crock pot.
- Add beef roast. I do not usually brown it, but if you want to brown it first it does add a nice touch. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread tomato paste on top of the roast. Toss in any veggies you want in there.
- Cover and turn to high; cook about 8 hours. Before serving, use a fork to pull the meat apart into big pieces, so the gravy can go all through. Serve.
Linked up at: